Birthday Party is an annual celebration and memorable moment, especially for children. Celebrating birthdays usually is held together with friends, family, or with certain children foundations. However, since the pandemic outbreak last 2019, celebrating your birthday at home with outdoor furniture can be a good option to minimize the crowded gathering outside the house.
Even though the birthday celebration is held at the house, parents can make it special by choosing a special theme and guess for the party.
Preparing Birthday Party
Once you decide to make a birthday party at the house, you have to prepare several things below:
- The Theme
The theme is important as the concept of the birthday party. We can ask the birthday child what theme should be applied, or a certain theme that is trending at that time. For example, Covid-19 is still trending lately, so, we can choose corona themes such as a doctor, nurse, the patient, and also other medical personnel.
- The venue or space
Since the birthday will be held at home, we have to consider the place where all the guests can join the party. Choose an indoor party if you only invite some guests such as closest friends or family.
However, if the house cannot accommodate the guest, an outdoor party in the garden will be the best option. Make sure the weather is also suitable for the outdoor party.
- The birthday Invitations
Birthday invitations are a must to invite the guest to the party. To make it more special, you can make your DIY birthday invitations. It does not only minimize the cost but also makes a special invitation for a special guest.
- Deciding the decorations
The birthday party will never be completed without decorations. Outdoor furniture and decorations, of course, will need extra cost than indoor decorations. To minimize the cost, we can make DIY decorations that can be done together with our children.
- The birthday cake
To emphasize the theme of the party, choosing a birthday cake is important. We can order the cake by request, or, make the home-made birthday cake.
Do’s and Don’t’s!
Celebrating a birthday party is quite complicated since we have to do it by our self without a third party. Here are some do’s and don’t’s points:
- Prepare enough food for all guests. This is the reason why we need to calculate the number of the guest.
- Use the most comfortable and spacious venue that can accommodate the guests.
- Do not forget to put decorations in front of the house to make it recognizable especially for newcomers.
- Skip the music and speaker. Music is the heart of the party. Especially for an outdoor party, we need to prepare music and speaker so the guest can enjoy the party and also hear the speech from them.
- Preparing fewer chairs and other outdoor furniture. The standing party can be good for young and energetic guests but it is not recommended for older guests.